“The impact that archi-treasures has made on the overall Humboldt Park community through projects like, La Casita, Lions Garden, Mural Arts, Casals Garden, Rosa Parks mosaics, and the list goes on and on. That is why I support this organization, you could see, feel, and experience the impact first hand. Thank you, and Thank You”
-Enrique Salgado Jr.
archi-treasures uses the arts as a tool to build community, empowering people to envision and to enact change. Community members and stakeholders partner with creative professionals to brainstorm, then create projects to enliven their environment. We have four main program categories and a variety of examples in each category:
- Garden Programs: planting beds, water features, arbors and trellises, pathways, signs and information kiosks, greenhouses and cold frames
- Public Art Programs: painted and mosaic murals, banners and signage, sculpture and functional installations, interactive technology based artwork
- Placemaking Programs: age-specific play and athletic structures, outdoor furniture and athletic areas structures, outdoor movie theaters, outdoor classrooms, performance spaces
- Media Arts Programs: documentaries, websites, cookbooks, comic books, and history books, maps and tour guides
- Youth employment
- Volunteer workdays
- Professional development workshops
- Community art workshops and events
We would love to design programs in partnership with you and your organization, providing arts-based community development activities for your program participants. Check out our projects gallery or photos on Facebook to see examples. Many of our projects are a combination of programs, such as a garden with interactive furniture and an art sculpture and programs can be custom built and designed.
Feel free to contact Joyce with questions, project ideas, or information on becoming a partner at email@example.com.